Friday, November 12, 2010

Paper & Pen

I want to write a book...
I know what you are thinking...How can she write a book??  She can't even keep up with her blog!  True.  Very true...

I've wanted to write a book for as long as I can remember.  My first strong memories of this are from high school.  I LOVED the required daily journal entries and was always so excited about the poetry units.  I would often sit in class and write the first chapter to my book. But once I had a first chapter, my mind would stop.  I could never express myself on paper the way I could in my mind.  Does that make sense?  See what I mean??  Towards the end of high school I thought that instead of writing a book, I should write a one-woman-act and take it on the road...traveling the world.  I mean, everyone would want to see it, right?  The answer to that would be NO.  Who was I but a girl from Baytown, Texas, on Mockingbird Lane. I scratched that idea and just performed for the mirror...kidding...sort of!!

Since Zachary's birth and our journey to "find" him, I have strongly felt the desire to write.  But still, I struggle with the same problem...can't quite get my thoughts onto paper.  So I'm using this blog (mostly read by family), to ask for a digital voice recorder for Christmas...Oh no she didn't...Oh yes she did!  Maybe I could talk into for a while and then start to get all of these thoughts out of my head.  I have an awesome idea for a book that I think would reach a lot of people.  I have the title, the idea, but not yet the words. ;)

Check back in a few years and see how my progress is going!! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be a bad idea for anyone (else) to look into purchasing this gift idea for Lynda.

Randy

Anonymous said...

Glad you said that very quickly.....
...and by the way Ms. Lynda, you can do or be anything you want to be...you are just starting your life and living it beautifully!