Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Be There

Do you ever feel like you just might not make it through the day?  (To be fair...I'm not talking about days when you find out devastating news, loose a loved one, etc.  Just a rotten day...)  A sweet and dear friend texted me today because she was having 'one of those days'.  Everything was closing in around her and she felt so small and unable.  I know those days...unfortunately they seem to come in waves.  You feel trapped and like no one really understands...when most people actually do.  It happens to all of us.  I sent a text to my friend just simply saying that I loved her...that's it...nothing more...I just wanted her to know.  I didn't really know what else to say at that moment.  Later I sent her a text about taking a vacation together...a little get away.  I said that the husbands could come as long as they knew the "retreat" was all about us. ;)  We could sleep in, eat yummy food and take long walks to nowhere talking about nothing or something...whatever we wanted.  (Hope it really happens!)  Then I told her that I was trying a new recipe for dinner and later let her know the outcome. ;)  Her reply???  She said, "Thanks for helping me get thru today."  Really?  I did NOTHING.  Nothing at all.  I just basically said I love you and kept in touch through out the day...that's it.  But wait...isn't that what we need?  YES IT IS!  We need to be heard and understood and have our feeling acknowledged without judgement.  It helps...in so many ways.

I do not have a million friends...I'm actually quite shy (at first...ha!).  I love my friends.  I want to be there for them and for them to be there for me.  It's funny though..."being there" isn't some HUGE thing.  It's just simply that...being there...nothing special.  Well, it is special...

(BTW...I know I've been gone awhile.  Actually I've written about 20 blogs since my last entry.  You just couldn't see them, because they were all in my mind.  Sorry...sometimes I just don't get to the computer.  I did get a digital recorder for Christmas though.  I'm slowly filling it with thoughts.  For now I'm just "telling it" anything and everything. One day it might develop into something.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this one made me cry....

Christy said...

You are so very precious. Thank you for the heartfelt and timely comments on our blog. Have a beautiful week.