Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Backpacks and Bravery

Today my little, big, boy headed off for his first day of school.  He was excited and ready to go! 

On the way to school he kept saying his teacher's name and quoting Nemo, "First Day of School!  First Day of School!"  (He loves that movie.)  He looked adorable as he headed into the building with his Daddy.  I started getting so nervous for him.  What was about to happen??  Would he be scared?  Would he not want to go in the room?  Would he hang on to my leg and refuse to let go?  Would I have to leave my crying, scared baby with people he doesn't really know?  Help...my heart was pounding so fast as we approached the room.  I said, "Have fun at school."  And then it happened...he walked into the room.  The teacher told him that "we always wash our hands when coming to school".  I heard Nate say, "Wash hands Momma."  I could no longer see him.  What should I do??  He was off washing his hands...did he know I was leaving?  Would he be scared?  Then his teacher smiled BIG and said "Congratulations!  He did great!"  And that was it.  Randy and I walked away.  I did it...I mean HE did it.  He and his super cute little backpack walked into the classroom and started his journey! 

I can't wait to hear about his day!  It won't belong now.  After all, he only goes twice a week for 3 1/2 hours.  ;)

********************UPDATE********************
Nate had a great day!  He was a helper and seemed very happy and well adjusted when I picked him up!!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how adorable he looks! And it begins...the growing up part that we so long for and then realize that they are on their own way too soon.

Anonymous said...

I cry when I look at these pictures...such a "little, big boy" indeed!

Shel