Thursday, August 12, 2010

She Said...He Said

Nate was so tired today after playing at the park all morning.  We came home and he took a bath and had lunch.  He was ready for a nap much earlier than normal.  I know it's hard to believe, but he was actually talking about his nap!  So I put him down for an early nap, but he kept calling me to his room.  He was tricking me by say that he had to go "poo-poo".  He knows that's the only thing that will get him out of his room at nap time!! :)  After a few 'fake attempts', I explained to him that it was nap time and he wasn't to call me anymore.  I told him, "Nate, It's nap time!"  Then I asked,  "What time is it , Nate?"  He just looked at me.  I then told him to repeat after me "It's nap time."  He said nothing.  Finally, with frustration in my voice I said yet again, "It's nap time Nate.  What time is it?"  He answered with a huge smile on his face, "It's 8 o'clock Mommy...8 o'clock!"  I had to laugh :)

(...and yes, he did finally take his nap.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE it!

-Shell