Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Darker the Better??

So, I've been thinking a lot about age lately...getting older. ;)  I live in a college town, so it's not too hard to feel old.  I'm always (and I do mean always) looking for new creams and potions to minimize my wrinkles, discoloration, etc.  I read somewhere that as you start to hit your mid-30's, you should darken your eyeliner...wear more and even use it on your inner rims.  Well, I have been obsessed with doing this for at least 6 months know.  I think I'm addicted.  I've always been one of those people that must have eyeliner (it's the one thing that I never leave home without), but I've always worn it in a conservative way.  Now I just seem to pile it on.  Once you start, you just can't stop.  But I wonder, does it really help a person appear younger?  Doubt it!! 
What do you think?  What is that one thing that you do to make youself look younger?  Or do you even care?  What product will you not leave home without?  Let me know. :)

Oh...and I and never leave home without sunscreen on my face!!  That's a must too. :)

No that isn't my eye...wish it was!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

Lynda:

I learned the oil cleansing method from an "earthy" friends blog. I have been using it for about 2 months now and I don't use any other cleansing on my face. It seems weird but my face doesn't break out or anything and my oldest son is using it and his face is clearing up. Also, I don't use much make up anymore because my skin looks pretty good for an old lady ;) I have actually gone more towards less. I don't use anything that has chemicals in it and if it says on the bottle do not ingest I especially don't put it on my skin, lots of sunscreen says this. Hope you try out the oil cleansing method it seems so wrong at first but it is GREAT.

Debi

Amanda said...

I'm feeling obsessed sometimes with it too...not wanting to look older. I heard about Dr. Oz's show (don't watch much TV in our house since there's no time for it), and then went to his website. I loved it, and stayed there for a very long time learning things. I learned that grapes (skin and pulp) make the best exfoliater. I tried it and it felt soooo good. Anyway, I know the feeling! Unfortunately my age spots and wrinkles have already begun. It's a tough battle for me. I know if I wear make up my skin will be more protected, but I will also break out each time. All these years of no make up and three pregnancies have taken their toll. :-( So thankful beauty is more than how my skin looks! It comes from a heart that loves the LORD. But that doesn't keep from wanting to try to look young. :-)

Anonymous said...

I just saw this blog....and I am way above the age to even comment. Lord, I wish I had cared as much many many yeaars ago as you ladies do.
You will be magnificent forever!!!

MeMe