Friday, September 17, 2010

It's Bothering Me

"It's bothering me, Momma."  I have been hearing this sentence from Nate more and more lately AND I love it!  I love that he is able to tell me that something bothers him.  He tells me if the tag of his shirt is scratching his skin, if his shoes are too small or not on just right, if his pull-up needs adjusting, if his nose is stuffy, if his brother isn't being too nice and on and on.  I have this need for my kids to be comfortable at all times (though it doesn't happen...this is the real world), so I like to know if there is something bothering them.  Zachary never ever EVER told me if his shoes were too small...ever.  And I was always worried that his foot was squished into a shoe that was way to small.  Nate, on the other hand, tells me they are bothering him and points to his toes.  Time for new shoes...so glad to know. 
So for now, I enjoy hearing him say, "It's bothering me, Momma."  Though one day I might be writing about how it drives me crazy! ;)

No comments: