Thursday, July 15, 2010

Life Lessons

I began teaching at the ripe ol' age of 21, and I was very green!!  I had a lot (and I mean a lot) to learn!  It didn't take long for me to learn one of my most important lessons...PICK YOUR BATTLES!!  It actually took me about 2 years to fully grasp the concept.  
As a parent, I often use this wonderful life lesson.  I pick my battles with Nate on a daily basis.  He likes to get reactions out of me, so I try to play it calm and come out the winner!! ;)  It doesn't always work, but I try.  Here is the most recent battle that I am choosing to loose in order to win the war...

...standing in his chair while eating.  At this point, I just want him to learn to stay at the table. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will win all of the battles with that sweet nature of yours...who could resist???