Friday, July 9, 2010

What's Up

What's up with us...?

On Saturday we went to the Woodlands to meet my parents and celebrate my mom's birthday.  It's crazy that I have such a young mom...I think she is close to 40 by now!  We had a great time visiting and I couldn't help but notice how much she enjoyed her birthday dessert! :) Love ya Mom!
I got a few cute shots of the boys that day too. :)


On Sunday, we took the boys to see Toy Story 3.  It was Nate's first time at the theater!!  He did quite well.  We didn't have any major problems, and he enjoyed seeing Buzz and Woody larger than life.  Zachary loved the movie and was so happy to finally get to see it.  We tried to see it on Saturday, twice, (once in The Woodlands and once in College Station) but it was sold out both times!

Monday was a great day, because Randy didn't have to work!  It's always a great day when we all get to hang out together.  We took Zachary to the store to buy the DSi that he has been saving his money for. (Yes, I know I shouldn't end a sentence with the word "for"...but I'm tired and I'm sure you don't care!)  He was sooo excited...as you can probably imagine!  He used it later that day to take tons of pictures of the family.  He then used a program to distort the pictures and we cracked up at the results!

Tuesday was a pretty lazy day.  We tried to go to the pool in the evening, but the thunder closed it down.  So we came home and played with water balloons and had a little picnic on the back patio.  I think that was way more fun than the pool.


Now Wednesday was a great day for Zachary.  His first grade teacher invited us over to play and visit.  He was so excited to be going to his teacher's house, though I thought he was very shy while we were there.  Mrs. Stagg has four children, all pretty close in age, so there was so much for Z and Nate to do.  Nate LOVED all of the attention and seemed right at home!  He loves to have people playing with him, so with 4 new kids, there was always someone available!  I enjoyed the visit as much as the kids...it's nice to have "adult" conversations from time to time!! ;)

The Corcoran boys, AJ and Cade, spent the day at our house playing on Thursday!  The boys had so much fun shooting water guns, throwing water balloons and jumping on the trampoline.  By the middle of their visit, Nate was referring to me as "Ms. Lynda"!!  So funny...


Finally we reach today, Friday!  Zachary is playing at a friends house this morning.  He will come home to eat and then  head to another friends house for a sleep over.  He is super excited...super excited!  He is so happy to get to see his best friends this week.  He missed seeing everyone so much while he was sick.
****UPDATE****

Looks like the sleep-over is going well.  The boys are at the movies having FUN!!

I'm not sure what Saturday will bring, but one thing I do know...I WILL be getting these dark roots taken care of!!  Nothing will come between me and my hair appointment!!  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love you Lynda! You are the best daughter-in-love I could have ever imagined having.
Love you,
MeMe