Thursday, April 29, 2010

I See You

Thank you Lord for giving man the wisdom and knowledge to create the Video Baby Monitor!
 
It is such a comfort to be able to check on your sweet baby while he sleeps.  It's a comfort to see him breathing, to know when his blanket is twisted or when he has dropped his favorite stuffed animal. 

OK...whatever...the truth is this...The best thing about the video monitor is that it gives you the opportunity to spy on your toddler at nap time.  You know, the time when he climbs in his bed, gives you the biggest hug and kiss ever, and then says "I wuv ou, Mommy".  You know, that time...the time when the door shuts and he's up and into everything!  Yesterday the monitor saved my carpet, walls, the bed and his life! 

I checked the monitor about 15 minutes into nap time to see what he was doing (because I knew he wouldn't be sleeping).  There he was, no shirt, no shorts, and ripping off his diaper.  I watched him work and work until that diaper hit the floor.  Then, he walked over to the corner in his room and said, "poo, poo, pee, pee".  What????  Was he about to "go" right there on the side of the bed?  You have NEVER seen a mom run so fast!  I threw open that door, scooped him up, grabbed a diaper and slapped it on him!  Look people, it wouldn't have just been a little pile of poop in corner...his poop isn't what I would call "a little pile"...more like a swamp!!  Yes, I know that's gross.  I know all too well how gross it is!

So, thank you Lord for the divine Baby Video Monitor.  For without it, yesterday would have been pretty crappy!
(OK...that was a lame ending, but I couldn't help it...at least I made myself laugh!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! That made me LAUGH! That's hilarious!! On the up side, he must be getting ready for potty training...that was a well laid plan! I love that he took it all off, too...just like Will used to do! :)

Shel

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this blog. You bring me such laughter and joy and most importantly you keep me informed about my sweet grandboys so I don't feel like I am missing out.
You are a very clever Mommy!!!!