Friday, April 30, 2010

Family Friday

Zachary was an early talker and had a pretty decent vocabulary by his 1st birthday.  He did well at communicating his wants and needs with little frustration.  Around 2 1/2 years old, he started communicating to us that he wanted a brother or sister.  By age 3 he was very clear that he wanted a brother or sister NOW.  He wanted a big family, so we should have a least one boy and one girl...for now.  He started preschool at 3 1/2 and the director often told me how Zachary wanted to have siblings.  I'll never forget the day she found out that Zachary was a big brother.  "Finally!", she said.  "That kid has talked our ears off about having a sibling.  Now he has a baby brother.  We are so happy for him."

Zachary took to Nate right away.  As you might know, Nate was not the easiest baby.  He cried a lot.  But it didn't bother Zachary.  He loved him and wanted to make sure he was safe and sound.  Now Nate is a toddler who LOVES to pick on his sweet, big brother.  He pinches him, turns off his video games, sits in his chair and takes his snacks.  Don't get me wrong, this drives Zachary CRAZY.  He can get so mad.  But, he LOVES his brother.  I told him that Nate will grow out of it.  The other day Zachary said, "I hope he grows out of this soon.  I think I might be losing my mind!"  So funny! 

Zachary still wants a big family, but he knows that he will just have to have a lot of kids when he grows up and gets married.  Even though the thought of that freaks him out...after all, he says he's living with me forever!

You are a great big brother Zachary, and I love you.  Nate loves you too!  He is missing you right now, so come home soon.

 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know he drives Zach insane because he is a pesky little guy and Nathan has no idea how lucky he is to have such a brother as Zach! He will always be loved more than he knows by my Zach Man! What a special young man he ia!