Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Busy, Wet and Fun June...so far

June is turning out to be a busy month for us.  Whether it's scheduled play-dates, trips to visit grandparents, camps, river vacation or VBS, we are on the move! 

We started June off in Livingston on the lake with Randy's Dad and Kelly.  Technically it was the end of May, but who cares. ;) It was Grandpa's birthday and Grandma made sure to gather everyone together to celebrate.  It was a wonderful day on the lake with great weather and great company.  The older kids enjoyed being pulled on the tube behind the boat, and Nate enjoyed the ride.  We ate awesome BBQ and savored every bite of the lemon cake. 
The week brought play-dates for Zachary and lots of pool time for both boys.  And by Thursday night, we were on the road again...

We rolled into town, late Thursday night and my parents were waiting up to encourage us to try all of GreGre's baked goods before heading off to bed.  Nothing like cake and pie before bedtime.  Mom lovingly made Randy a coconut cream pie for his upcoming birthday and a decadent chocolate pie to distract others away from Randy's favorite treat.  Friday morning Randy and I were off to do some (much needed) furniture shopping in Houston.  The boys stayed with GreGre and PawPaw and had lots of fun.  So much fun that Nate was asleep by around 6:00 and didn't wake until the next morning.  Aunt Sarah and Lukey came over to play too.  And by the time Randy and I returned, dinner was underway and everyone enjoyed mom's Mexican creations (Michael came after work and Sarah's parents came too)...her food is sooooo good! 
Saturday brought boat rides, more tubing for Zachary and even for me!  Trust me when I say, I'm too old for that!!  But I did it anyways!!  By Saturday night, we were in our own beds again and ready for a relaxing Sunday.
BTW...I got some pictures from my mom, but my camera battery was dead...go figure!


Sunday brought the start of VBS for Zachary.  No only is he having a great time, but he is having an AMAZING time.  He is learning so much, having fun and really enjoying singing and praising.  He is sad that VBS is only a week long.  Yesterday morning he took out the Bible and began looking up verses that he is learning this week.  He is fascinated by the fact that there are different versions of the Bible.  He wants to compare what his NIV Bible says with the verse cards that he has brought home.  And last night he laid in his bed and sang himself to sleep.  The funny thing is that he woke up singing this morning!  He didn't come out of his room for about 20 minutes, because he was singing all of the songs that he has learned this week.  This has been a wonderful experience for him.

Monday was Randy's birthday :)  Zachary created an awesome coffee mug for him, Nate recorded his sweet voice onto a card, and Randy's new fly fishing rod and reel arrived in the mail.  His mom and sister came down for the day, and I made sure Randy had his favorite foods waiting when he got home from work.  A tray of fruit, fresh made salsa and Mexican salad for dinner.  I think he was happy. ;)

This week has also brought a lot of rain!  I think we received 5-6 inches yesterday and we expect even more today.  Yesterday the boys had a sitter and 2 more friends came over as well. Mommy went shopping (all day) with a friend (a treat from her husband) and not only did the kids have a blast, but the mommas did too!  Today Z has a friend coming over and then tomorrow and the rest of the weekend involves planning, shopping and packing for our trip to the river next week.  That is if the town isn't still flooded by then.  The problem is usually not enough water in the rivers, but this year...there is WAY to much! 

After we get back form the river, I plan on taking the boys to visit Aunt Lisa T. while she is house sitting in Baytown, and then the next week soccer camp starts.  June is busy...

When I turn the page of my calendar to July, it is empty...nothing much going on.  I'm not sure if it will stay that way or not.  I think we should just go to the pool every day...oh yes, that sounds great!  One thing I do know, we plan on visiting with the McPherson's some time that month.  We are ALL looking forward to that. 

As for today, I've gotta run.  I have a few phone calls to make, need to get dressed, pick up before Z's friend comes over, and maybe even eat...well, at least the boys will eat. ;)  Truth is, I probably won't be able to actually post this for hours...I still need to try to add pictures.  Not sure if that will happen,but we will see. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful birthday. I am so glad I got to be there for Randy's birthday and to enjoy you and the boys!!!