Monday, May 24, 2010

The Weekend Update

***UPDATE***
 It appears that something I wrote was terribly, and totally misunderstood.  I hope not everyone took it that way.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, then GOOD!  I changed it and we can all move on! :)

As I woke up this morning, all I wanted was to be back at my mother-in-law's house hanging out by the pool with the kids.  It was nice watching the kids play with their daddy and Aunt Lisa.  Nate had the best time and he deserved it.  You see, late Saturday morning began the long, and painful torture of Nate Trenary (and parents).  We (smart parents that we are) took Nate on a boat for a 3 hour wedding and celebration.  The wedding was lovely, and Bryan and Sonyia looked like the happiest people alive!  On the other hand, Nate looked like a little crazy person and Randy and I looked like two sweaty, exhausted parents. Ha!  Who would ask a feisty 2 year old to behave in a small space, with nothing to do, without a nap for hours and hours...that would be US!  As you can see, we didn't think it through...at all.  So after an "almost" fall down the stairs, an outburst during the ceremony, fits being thrown in front of everyone, refusing to eat, peeing all in my shoes, on my dress, and his pants, we made it out alive!  Nate was asleep in the car before we even left the parking lot!

But, things turned out just fine.  Once the boys were back at their MeMe's house swimming, all was good.  Zachary stayed under the water most of the time, while Nate finally decided to get in the pool!  He loved it and kicked all around for hours.  In the evening, Zachary got to watch Monsters vs Aliens 3D on his Poppy's new TV.  The effects were so cool. :)

It turned out to be a nice weekend.  Now back to reality :) But Z will be out of school soon, and I'm looking forward to the freedom that summer will provide!

Why are they doing this to me?

Randy and Nate at the back of the boat after having to leave the ceremony.

 
Zachary had a good time!

Finally...some fun!

This is the first time Nate has actually enjoyed the pool. ;)

Zachary in his element!

Daaaaaaad! 

Go, Nate, Go

c-c-c-c-c-cold

The boys making pancakes with MeMe.

Nate was loving it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lynda, I so enjoy reading about your adventures with the boys. I feel your pain. :) Life with a toddler is never dull that's for sure! -Carrie