Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wednesday Wishes

If you could have one wish, what would it be?  Now wait...you must understand what I mean.  I realize that we all want the world to be peaceful, illness to be banished, hearts to never be broken, and many more important life issues to be solved.  But right now, for one tiny minute, can we please just be selfish?  I mean really, don't you ever want to do something for just you?  If your answer is "no", I'm going to guess that you already get to do quite a few "you" things, and I'm admitting that I'm jealous of you! ;)

So my one (selfish) wish is to have a housekeeper who will cook and clean for me daily.  The cleaning is the most important part of that wish!  I just can't keep up!  I'm always behind and something always needs to be done.  Even when the house is all clean and company is coming over, there are still things that probably need cleaning...baseboards, tile grout, a light fixture here and there, and my most hated...the blinds!  Some people say not to worry about it, but UGH!  The best (worst) is when people say, "You are home taking care of your baby.  Everyone knows you are playing with him, teaching him and spending quality time with him.  No one cares if your house is messy."  Well, I think they do.  I think they leave my house and judge me.

Wait a minute...I think I'm having an on-line therapy session right now...right in front of all of you (not that anyone is reading this)!  And I think I just figured out my own problem.  I am my problem.  Get over yourself girl.  People really don't care about your house and if it's clean or not.  And if they do...so what...does it really matter?  No.  There are more important things in life than a clean house and the approval of others!

But don't get me wrong...this mental breakdown didn't change my one wish!  So bring on the housekeeper!!!

Until my next blog breakdown...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me share your blog breakdown. I have them all of the time and you are the one that knows about them most.
Clean houses are way over-rated. Smart, healthy, very loved children are the most important thing a great Mother like you can accomplish.
You are doing a fine job.
Happy Mother's Day Love!