Sunday, May 9, 2010

Soul Searching on a Sunday

Mother's Day was wonderful and I am so thankful for my family.  But I found myself feeling a bit somber at moments.  My heart was burdened today for all of the women out there who are waiting and struggling to be a mommy.  Becoming a mom isn't easy for everyone, and I just had all of these women on my mind today.  I guess we most often think about those that we can relate to.  To all of you out there, remember that you are not alone...even when it feels like it. 

My heart was also thinking about a little girl today.  A little girl that I once knew, that I once held in my arms, that I once rocked to sleep, that I once kissed on the nose, that I once prayed over.  To you sweet girl, I only held you for a short time, but during that time I said a special mother's prayer for you.  I held you so close and prayed that you would grow to be a wonderful women of God.  A women who loves the Lord and lives for him.  And as I now pray this prayer over my boys (that they will serve the Lord), I continue to pray it for you as well.  Enjoy your life little one, for God has big plans for you!
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.   Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)

And to my sweet boys whom I longed to have..."I love you here, I love you there, Zachary and Nate...I love you everywhere." 

"I have found the one whom my soul loves" ~ Song of Solomon 3:4

2 comments:

Sarah O. said...

You are such a great mom. I will never be able to tell you how much support you provided me when we had to crash into your house after the hurricane came and with us came our 6 day old baby. Being away from my mother and being so scared was not easy, but you never made me feel any less comfortable than I could be with her. You are a wonderful mother and model, I enjoy the family time we spend together with our boys so very much. I hope you had a peaceful and relaxing Mother's Day 2010.

Anonymous said...

My heart is so filled with the love I have for you Lynda.
I am truly blessed that my son found you to be his mate.
God always has a plan and his plan made you my daughter.
You are one remarkable woman.
Love you,
MeMe